November 17, 2015
Top Ten Tuesday-Top Ten Quotes I Love From Books I've Read This Past Year
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme/feature hosted here at The Broke and the Bookish. The topic for this week is Top Ten Quotes I Love From Books I've Read This Past Year.
I like a good quote that makes me think or that gives me a case of the feels. I enjoy a funny quote as well, but these are the ones that really resonate with me on a deeper level. It was really hard to pick my quotes and using ones only from books I read this past year. But I don't think we need a top 100 list! :x Well here are the ones I finally narrowed it down to and I can't wait to see what everyone else's top quotes are as well.
1. "Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love. It did not end well." -Laini Taylor, Daughter of Smoke & Bone
2."He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." -Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights
3."I desire the things that will destroy me in the end." -Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath
4, "The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath
5, "To die, it's easy. But you have to struggle for life." -Art Spiegelman, Maus
6. "Just because we don't see eye to eye on everything doesn't mean we can't be close." -Sarah Dessen, Along for the Ride
7. "Perhaps when we find ourselves wanting everything, it is because we are dangerously close to wanting nothing." -Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath
8. "One must always be careful of books," said Tessa, "and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
9. "Only the very weak-minded refuse to be influenced by literature and poetry."-Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
10. "There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written. That is all." -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Well that is my list (in no particular order), sorry for so many from Sylvia Plath! Also, I would have loved to add in more Oscar Wilde quotes. But then the whole list would be just his quotes. So I went with my all time favorite quote by him only. And even though I did listen to some of the Harry Potter series on audiobook I skipped quotes from those. I figure we all already know a lot of them!
What are some of your favorite quotes from books that you read this year? Thanks for reading mine!